**Please hold all certificates and verification forms pending further instructions from Ms. WIlliams, except as noted below.
All 18A staff must complete the trainings below during their scheduled working days over the summer. The trainings required for your position (identified below) MUST be completed and verfication submitted to Ms. Chandler no later than August 11, 2017.
All 161 (teachers) staff may complete the trainings below over the summer. August 8, 11:00- 3:30 will be dedicated to completeing these. If you have already completed them and submitted the verification, you will be able to work in your room. The trainings (identified below for 161) MUST be completed and verfication submitted to Ms. Chandler before your leave August 8, 2017.
All 18A and 161 must complete this section. (30 minutes)
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting
Mandatory Reporting pt. 2
FERPA, Reporting and Confidentiality Verifcation
All 18A and 161 must complete this section. (2 hours)
At the start of the 2013-14 school year, all Kentucky school personnel were required to have annual training in positive behavioral interventions and supports pursuant to 704 KAR 7:160, The Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion in Public Schools, Section 6(1).
Restraint and Seclusion - All Staff
Please complete the 2017-2018 required module:
Log in to your PBS Teacherline account and register for:
LEAD1102 Positive Behavior in Schools II: Districtwide Implementation
- Promoting Positive Behavior in Schools II focuses on district-wide implementation of positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS), relationship-building and de-escalation strategies. It also includes new videos featuring Kentucky schools and vignettes with actors showing how to de-escalate problem situations. This training is provided by the Kentucky Department of Education and produced by Kentucky Educational Television (KET). It responds to Kentucky Law 704 KAR 7:160 Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion in Public Schools enacted on February 1, 2013, requiring all certified and non-certified school personnel in Kentucky to have annual training in the use of positive behavioral supports and interventions. Please refer to your district policies and procedures for any additional local training requirements. At the end of the course, learners earn a Certificate of Completion.
All 161, Para-educators, and dorm parents must complete this training. (2 hours)
On April 13, 2010, SB 65 was signed into law and states that anyone working with students is required to complete a minimum of two hours of self-study review of suicide prevention materials each school year. The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide provides a free two hour self-study program for teachers and school staff. Below you will find the instructions on how to access the website.
Go to: http://www.sptsusa.org
- Find the section labeled “Online Training” and click on “Read More”
- Scroll down to Courses and click on “2016-2017 National Version”
- Click on the “Create New Account” link.
- There is a form to complete
- Once the form is submitted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log into the PD course
- Your Username and Password are now active
- You must log in within 3 days in order to keep your username/ password active
All 161 and Para-educators must complete this section. (2 hours)
Inclusions of Special Populations
Please turn this verification in to the DoSE: Verification of Training
All Para-educators, and dorm parents must complete this training.
* Initial Instructions
* Medication Administration Modules
Please schedule your skill-out and email your Certificate of Completion to Connie Sea.
All 18A and 161 must complete this section.
Bloodborne Pathogens is a training that has to be completed every school year by EVERY employee.
Please watch the video below, (25:45 minutes), print test packet and complete:
Bloodborne Pathogens Book
Bloodborne Pathogens Handouts
Bloodborne Pathogens Test Packet
Please turn in your Test Packet to Connie Sea.