KSB Summer Camp Program
KSB is excited to offer summer school programming for students again this year. The dates and times for the program are listed below. KSB dorms will be open with limited space for all programs. Transportation is not provided by KSB. There is no cost for our programming this year.
Deadline for applications is March 29, 2023.
May 30-June 2 (9A-3P)
Statewide Elementary and Middle Program
June 5-9 (9A-3P)
Statewide High School
June 12-16 (9A-3P)
KSB High School
June 19-23 (9A-3P)
The registration form can be found here: https://forms.gle/bLTgmMsqdYRF41E7A
Please contact Kyrstin Price or Michael Coffey with any questions.
Summer Work Program
KSB is happy to offer summer work opportunities for statewide students who are blind and visually impaired again this summer. Please see below for the requirements for eligibility. Apply here: https://forms.gle/fARGe5LbVx3QtiAq9 Deadline for applications is March 29, 2023.
Summer Work Program Requirements:
1. Open to students aged be 15 or older, up to age 20, by June 1, 2023. (Note: Program IS open to seniors graduating in May 2023.)
2. Students will complete a morning career class before departing for work each morning.
3. Student will need to complete all components of the application process. Application process components are as follows:
• Summer Work Program Student Application
• 2 Letters of Recommendation (Letters of recommendation CANNOT be completed by a family member)
• Student Resume
4. Students are expected to complete an interview with the Summer Work Program coordinators. These interviews will be complete either in-person, online or over the phone.
5. Students and parent(s) must attend a mandatory orientation meeting prior to the start of the Summer Work Program, following student registration at Kentucky School for the Blind.
6. After acceptance to the program, students/families are required to pay a non-refundable activity fee of $100
7. Students are paid through the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. Students will need to be considered vendors/consumers through the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Please contact Bo Mullins or Kyrstin Price if you have any questions.